Sunday, November 18, 2007

Living with facial hair

Three good things about living with a mo.

1. Being able to stroke my mo. I find it aids the thinking process and reminds me why I need a pet. Probably a Creatonotus gangis or hairy caterpillar.
2. My Movember rewards card. So far I've saved zero dollars but it still looks cool in my wallet.
3. No longer needing to shave everyday. Shaving is only good value if your time is worth nothing.

Three bad things about living with a mo.

1. My gf no longer finds my rugged good looks appealing. In the 1880s, Rudyard Kipling wrote of a woman who complained that being kissed by a man who did not wax his moustache was like eating an egg without salt. Unfortunately they seem to be out of mo wax at Coles.
2. The stares of the gormless. The laughing, the tears, and those cruel eyes studying you.
3. A new grown mo can require some delicate trimming. Some hairs seem keen to defy gravity. Can be disturbing to the casual observer.

1 comment:

Bjorn Bednarek said...

Facial hair defies gravity, logic and reason. Good luck keeping it in check and orderly for a month. Maybe you need to explore the possibilities of mustache wax alternatives.